11.5.09

Skim

I found Skim to be a fairly interesting read. I found the relationship between her and Ms. Archer was interesting and slightly inappropriate. I found their kiss to be awkward and it made me wonder what Ms. Archer's motivations were. You would think that she would realize that a student would take that the wrong way and attach something else to it rather than just see it as a random kiss. And then for Ms. Archer to stop teaching and move away. I'm still trying to figure out if there was more to that or if it really was related to Skim in some way.
I also enjoyed the way Skim's relationship with Lisa evolved. I thought it was interesting how they eventually parted ways, almost like the only thing they had in common was not liking things.
A surprising thing that I found was that as I was reading, I took the cover off and found that on the hard cover of the book it was designed to look like a real journal. For some reason I really enjoyed that, it made the story seem more "real" I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment